Create Protect4S VM users and roles
Protect4S VM requires two different types of users:
- Application users with their applicable roles in the Protect4S system
- Different types of users in the satellite systems
Protect4S VM is an application based on SAP WebDynpro and allows for multiple users accessing the functionality at the same time. In order to access the specific parts of the functionality, all Protect4S VM users need to be provided with a suitable user role.
- ✔ Due to the sensitive nature of the information that Protect4S VM generates, it is recommended to give due consideration to the role distribution.
- ✔ Please make sure to always use the latest version of these roles as provided in the support packages.
Protect4S VM distinguishes several different functional user types:
Depending on the satellite system type, the following user types must be created or present in the satellite systems:
- ABAP RFC type user(s) for ABAP and dual-stack type systems
- JAVA users for J2EE type systems (Portal, PI) etc. or dual-stack systems
- Database users
- Operating System users
- BusinessObjects users
The following overview shows the purpose of the roles that needs to be distributed to the satellite systems which are to be connected.