Comment on page
satellite system JAVA user
For SAP JAVA based systems or dual-stack type satellite systems, a dedicated J2EE user needs to be provided to the System connection wizard. This J2EE user is created by using one of the following 2 procedures:
a) Use the SAP J2EE UME (user Management Engine) in order to:
- create the user
- set a password
- and assign the role: NWA_READONLY
b) Add the Action tc~monitoring~systeminfo to a new role and assign this new role to the created user too using the Netweaver Administrator:
Adding Action tc~monitoring~systeminfo to a new role.
- 1.Use the SAP J2EE UME (user Management Engine) in order to:
- 2.create the user
- 3.set a permanent password for this user (you will have to logon once to set it)
- 4.and assign the role: SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONLY
- 5.In addition, the security role SystemInfo_Support_Role must be assigned to the user using the Visual Administrator.
To do this, create an empty UME group in the Java system called “Protect4S” (only a description is needed):
Creating the UME Group "Protect4S"
Then logon to the Visual Administrator and go to the menu item: Server , Services, Securityprovider
Select the Component: sap.com/tc~monitoring~systeminfo*sap_monitoring and press the tab “Security Roles”:
Visual Admin Component sap.com/tc~monitoring~systeminfo*sap_monitoring
Press the CHANGE button, select the Security role “systeminfo_support_role” and click on Add button for the Groups area. Search the newly created protect4s group and select it so it becomes blue.
- 1.Afterwards press the Edit button once in order to change back to display mode and exit the Visual Administrator.
- 2.The last step is to assign the new UME group Protect4S to the Java user used in the application.
Assign the UME group to the JAVA user